ANU students and staff have been given their first virtual tour of the revitalised Union Court precinct, with the project brought to life with an architect's digital fly-through video.
The fly-through video takes viewers on a virtual tour through an artist's impression of the finalised vision for the precinct.
The revitalised precinct will feature:
- state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities
- environmentally-sustainable student accommodation
- new health and recreational facilities, including a 25-metre pool
- an events centre with large and small auditoriums, a new cinema for the ANU Film Club and a student theatre
- food, café, bar and retail services with extended hours
- a centralised student services hub and building for student groups and societies, and
- underground parking.
The aim of the revitalised precinct is to bring together the University's facilities and attractions to create a new learning, cultural, and social precinct in the heart of ANU.
Demolition work is due to begin in July with the new Union Court scheduled to be up and running by early 2019.
During the construction, the community will have a taste of things to come with the Pop Up Village, with the first traders to be open for business on Monday ahead of the full opening for semester 2.